Rechercher dans ce blog

jeudi 9 octobre 2008

Crunch

All this talk of the credit crunch is pretty scary - the "experts" (ho ho) are spouting forth, all doom and gloom, the end of the world is nigh, bla, bla, bla.
But what does all this really mean? I've never understood the stock exchange - it's not "real" and I can't figure out why, if share prices drop, a company is on the verge of bankruptcy... No, it's not my world, and I just don't get it.
I have money in my bank (though never very much, despite working like a slave most of the time), and as far as I know it's still there.
The only crunch I'm really interested in is the one in my mouth - like when I "crunch" into a yummy little biscuit, or "cronch" on to a tasty cheese and onion flavour crisp.
But you all know me and my midnight munchies.
As for my penchant for Zac Efron, well, I still find him unbelievably cute, but going to see "Mamma Mia" (another fabulous, happy, feel-good film that will get you singing and dancing) has reconciled me with the older generation (Pierce Brosnan! Singing!).
That said, I am feeling mighty old these days. I look like some kind of witch (my hair! yegads, my hair!) and, despite my attempts to dress like a trendy, young working mother (!), I still somehow look like a freak.
And I'm going to Lisbon NEXT WEEK for a translators' conference for two whole days and will need to look at least moderately human. Don't have the least idea how I'm going to manage that. Plus, I'm stressed at the thought of being away from my little girls for so long (yes, I know, it's less than a week, but I've never been away from either of them so long). But I'm also desperately excited at the prospect of staying in a hotel, having no childcare duties to perform, being me, not just a maman...
I'm sorry, I'm jumping from subject to subject like a distracted 4 year old (hmm, sounds familiar), but my mind is buzzing with all the crap I have to deal with and my almost total lack of motivation for any of it. I make endless lists of all the stuff I have to do in a given day and then wind up not even doing half of it...
Oh, and apparently I'm deeply allergic to something (I suspect it's work...) because the SNEEZING, people, oh, the SNEEZING, it is driving me INSANE... Whole body sneezes, dozens at a time, no obvious trigger (can be inside, outside, in bed, at work...).
Sweet dreams, one and all!

Aucun commentaire: