Rechercher dans ce blog

dimanche 30 novembre 2008

Young at heart

Age is a funny old thing. Sometimes, I feel really OLD. As in, I just really can't believe I'm as old as I am - does that make me sound weird? Probably.

Seriously, most of the time I feel like I should probably be somewhere in my late 20s (when in fact I'll be 40 (gah) next May). And then either I see the birthdate of one of my students (I teach postgrads, so I really feel like we're kind of the same generation) and realise I was 17 (17!) when some of them were BORN. Holy guacamole. Or, I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and realise that not only am I old, but worse, I LOOK old. It can be very depressing.

And then, there are times when I think that maybe I'm just a kid at heart. Like right now. It's past 2 in the morning and I'm seriously considering making myself a bowl of porridge (like I used to do way back when I was a student in Scotland). And, tomorrow, we're taking the girls to see the avant-première of Madagascar 2 and I am so excited at the thought that I can barely think of anything else. Which is ridiculous because it's a film for kids. LITTLE kids. But I just love me those penguins... they really cracked me up in the first one...

Maybe this is what "middle-aged" really means - sometimes you're young, sometimes you're old...

Now, back to that porridge...

Aucun commentaire: