Rechercher dans ce blog

mercredi 10 décembre 2008

Conspiracy theories

This morning, D finally put together this really cute little shoe cupboard thing I bought from a catalogue back in August (though it wasn't actually delivered till early September). It's brilliant white and has a little glass shelf thing on the top and looks totally wonderful.

But (you knew there was going to be a "but", didn't you?).

Although D followed the instructions to the letter, when you put your shoes (any kinds of shoes - we've tried trainers, sandals, pumps, flip-flops, "ordinary" shoes) on the shelf thing inside, they just won't stay in place. Either they completely fall down inside the cupboard as soon as you close the door, or they slip down so that they get stuck.

I am SO disappointed.

And, as it's taken us (*cough* D *cough*) so long to put it together, there's no returns policy now, so we're stuck with it. Yes, it looks great, but the idea was to keep all the shoes out of sight. If they won't stay on the shelves, there's no point using it.

Grrrrrrrr.

And of course there's still a shitload of OTHER bits of furniture to be put together/put up: a shelf over my desk, another in the kitchen, wall light fittings in the office, kitchen cupboard doors and a worktop (which we don't even have), a CD shelf, the drawer that fits under C's bed, two storage "cubes" for my desk area... And curtain rails, which we've had for almost 3 years.

Can you tell that D is really, really not Mr DIY?

And yes, I'm equally crap at doing my share of the tidying up, but oh, sometimes, it just feels like there's some kind of conspiracy theory at work preventing me from ever, ever having a home I feel I can invite people into...

And C's birthday party is supposed to be held here on 27 December. Unimaginable at present, totally unimaginable.

And work keeps coming in at such a rate (yes, I AM grateful for all the work I get, but there does come a time when a girl needs a break for you know, SLEEPING and stuff) that I really, really don't have time to do anything.

Grumble, grumble, moan, moan.

Just get up off your fat arse, girl and GO TIDY for Chrissakes!

Aucun commentaire: