Rechercher dans ce blog

dimanche 28 décembre 2008

Time to go home

Yes, the time has come... Tempers are starting to fray (D have an unbearably painful back hasn't helped today, that's for sure), patience levels are running low, our usual daytime routines are shot to hell and I'm feeling stressed and exhausted...

It can only mean one thing.

It's time for my unbelievably irritating (and totally not helpful around the house) MIL to hit the road and head off home to Paris.

Luckily for me, her train leaves tomorrow at 4.20 pm. I really don' t think I can take much more.

Don't get me wrong - the visit hasn't really gone badly at all. But truly, she drives me insane, I feel totally unlike myself and find it increasingly hard to be civil.

I just want her gone, so we can go back to our own bed, be back on our own, living our lives as we want without having to listen to her "suggestions" (usually barely veiled criticisms) and endless drivelling chatter.

And the fact that I have long suspected that C is her favourite granddaughter (because, dixit my MIL, C looks like her side of the family whilst L looks like mine) really doesn't help, believe me.

Roll on 4.21 pm, that's what I say!

Oh, and maybe some more chocolate might help, too...

Aucun commentaire: