Rechercher dans ce blog

jeudi 24 septembre 2009

Home free!

As in, my HOME is now FREE of guests! And it is bliss! And I'll be able to sleep in my own bed at last tonight (even if it means changing bed sheets for the 8th time (certain of those times involving changing the sheets on TWO BEDS AT ONCE) in less than a month. And oh! all the laundry this has involved... Martha Stewart eat your heart out!).
To be fair, my dreaded MIL's visit was probably OK. We didn't even actually argue, although I came close this morning when she came out with the sweeping generalisation that "when I was a child (i.e. in the 1940s and 50s) everyone went on holiday in the summer for a month, and with my mother we always went for much longer" which is such bourgeois crap that it made my blood boil - my grandparents, on both sides, were barely making ends meet at that time, and certainly didn't have the money to own a holiday home in the country, and I'm pretty sure most people here in wealthier France didn't either. The woman is so completely clueless about life that it drives me batshit.
But as I was saying, the visit probably went OK if I'm truthful.
And at least we won't have to see her for quite a few months now, if I play my cards right (didn't have the heart to tell her we're going to my dad's for Christmas, though she was with us last year so it's only fair).
To make the day even better, summer has returned with a vengeance and it's now really hot here again - FABULOUS! Even if I have shitloads of work and 2 more sets of sheets to wash...
Really, this evening, I feel as free as a bird!

Aucun commentaire: