Rechercher dans ce blog

dimanche 8 novembre 2009

Christmas is coming...

...And I just love buying Christmas presents! In fact, I enjoy buying them even more than I enjoy receiving them!

I love the whole thing: choosing, buying, hiding, wrapping, putting under the tree...

This year, despite dire finances, I've already done quite a bit and I know what I'm getting for just about everyone. This evening, I bought L's Playmobil vet's surgery and now have just about everything for both girls (just need to get High School Musical DVDs for C, a couple of really little things and, of course, her birthday present). I've got all my Christmas cards (though obviously I haven't actually written or sent any yet) and I'm itching to get the tree and Advent Calendars up...

It's weird, as a (biggish) kid, I hated Christmas because I was an only child, surrounded by adults who, in the main, didn't get on with each other very well.

Now, I really look forward to it, simply because my beautiful girls look forward to it so much! We've been listening to Christmas carols, too, so they can learn them (they don't seem to have such things here in France, apart from "Il est né le divin enfant...").

It's all so exciting, plus this year we're going away, which should be good! Is it silly or childish to be so excited?!

1 commentaire:

Melissa a dit…

Neither silly nor childish! You have to make up for all those years of not being very excited, right? :)