Rechercher dans ce blog

samedi 7 novembre 2009

Novel-ty


Yeah, so NaNoWriMo. It's hard. It's hard to find the time (and the ideas) for 50,000 words, when your "real job" is... errrr... typing words (though other people's) all day. And yes, I'm pretty far behind already - the end of Day 6 is supposed to be at least 10,000 words and so far I'm at just under 7,000. I'm planning on adding a bit more tonight, but it's not going to be easy.


That said, I think the story's OK, and it isn't just "any old crap", it's a story that's been wandering around my brain for months now.


And can you imagine the pride I'll feel, assuming I do actually finish this thing? I'm having trouble imagining how I'm going to fill up the rest of the word count (43,000 words to go!), but I have my ideas. I don't have an ending yet, but I'm working on it. I'm even starting to dream about this "novel". Well, dream about this "novel" and Playmobils - L somehow got hold of the Playmobil catalogue and has been talking about how much she'd love the vet's surgery - or, no, the pirate treasure island, or, no, the circus set, or perhaps the Egyptian pyramid... At least I know sort of what to get her for Christmas now!


OK, back to the storytelling... Another 3,000 words tonight, and I'll be laughing...

Aucun commentaire: