Rechercher dans ce blog

mardi 17 novembre 2009

Soup of the day

This evening, I feel very pleased with myself! I made soup tonight, "from scratch", using a recipe I found in December's "Glamour" magazine. And it was delicious!

Gently fry an onion till it goes transparent, then add 400 g of tinned tomatoes and mash it up a bit. When the mixture starts to simmer, add 250 ml of tepid water and 2 cooked chicken breasts (cut into smallish strips). Season with coriander and cumin (I had to use ready-to-use curry powder (it has coriander in it) as I had neither) and leave to simmer for 10 minutes. Then add 400 g of rinsed and drained tinned chickpeas and simmer for a further 2 minutes.

Soooo good! And easy! And almost no effort! That's my kind of recipe!

The rest of the day was pretty dull - grey weather (though still unbelievably mild, it's hard to believe it's mid-November already), boring administrative crap, nothing of any interest.

My list of things to do is horribly long, and I'm seriously wondering why I got myself into the "novel" thing as it eats up a fair amount of time. But I'm enjoying it, my story is coming along nicely and I "only" have 18,000 words to do...

But even if you ignore all the rest of what I've written, go try the soup! It's healthy, nutritious and absolutely fucking fabulous!

Aucun commentaire: